Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Monday 7 September 2015

Little Cressingham (The Arms to Watton Brook)

Once again, I didn't want to stay out too long because of this sometimes unbearable dental pain, however, I wanted to check the valley for signs of migrants.
Having left the car near 'The Arms' I was greeted by a small party of Long-tailed Tits passing between hedgerows in front of me, whilst overhead a Buzzard drifted north.
A quick search for migrants in the valley produced a single male Blackcap moving through a Bramble patch, vegetation alongside the Brook, and then a nearby hedgerow where a single Chiffchaff was seen calling.  I could not see any other visible evidence of migrants along the valley, but I am sure birds would have been skulking in the lush vegetation either side of the Brook.  Several Blue Tits, a male Yellowhammer, and juvenile Goldfinch were seen here.  A Buzzard passed over with a deep crop, thus indicating it had recently eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment