Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Barnham Broom, Norfolk

I paid a short visit to the churchyard today during a break from work.  This beautiful churchyard hosts some wonderful tree specimens including Beech, Scots Pines, Yew, and other very mature conifer species, the names of which I have yet to learn.
It was generally cloudy during my visit with spells of drizzle and brightness, although cloud was the dominant feature today.
My main aim of this visit was to locate migrant birds, I eventually had 2, possibly 3 Chiffchaffs calling around the churchyard.  In a large unidentifiable pine, I found two Goldcrests foraging amongst needles low down in the tree.
Common species seen and heard around the churchyard was two or three Coal Tits, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Robin, and two Jays.  A couple of Buzzards passed overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment