Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Thursday 23 April 2015

Whitethroat at Morley St Botolph, Norfolk

During my afternoon break from work I once again walked the narrow winding lanes at Morley St Botolph with a view to locating migrant bird species.
A few Swallows were seen over the paddocks along the Deopham road and nearby stables will undoubtedly provide suitable nesting sites.
Whitethroat (male) at Morley St Botolph 23/04/15
At least 3 Whitethroats were noted but one particular male bird at the Morleyfield and New Road junction kept me entertained for a while.  This delightful bird often sang from the cover of a roadside hawthorn hedge, however, it would also break cover occasionally to sit a little exposed on a topmost sprig.  On one occasion I watched the bird fly up 'flycatcher-style' to take a small insect and return with it to cover.  A common bird which I will never tire of watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment