Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Sunday 26 April 2015

Little Cressingham (Great Cressingham road), Norfolk

I was feeling pretty rough today following an hour long visit to the dentist yesterday to remove roots which were left from a failed extraction last December.  I have never experienced pain like it before and I cried with relief when it was taken out.
Whitethroat (male) Little Cressingham 26/04/15
Needless to say, I didn't stay out too long today, so I took Toby for a short walk along the Great Cressingham road in Little Cressingham to the Watton Brook valley and back.
As soon as I got out of the car both Lesser Whitethroat (1 male), and Whitethroat (1 male) were in song.  My walk north along the road produced both Blackcap and Chiffchaff in the old clay pit and at Watton Brook, another male Whitethroat was seen in song in traditionally used habitat.
Once back at the car I watched this male Whitethroat skulking about in a Hawthorn.  A wonderful thick bank of Bramble nearby has been used for nesting in previous years, I am sure this habitat will be used again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment