Sunday, 2 August 2026

Seamere Marsh 2 August 2026 (1055-1155)

A late morning visit to Seamere Marsh where I overviewed from the Deopham road.  I arrived to the song of a Stock Dove, this was followed by 3 birds in flight.  Stock Doves are smaller than Wood Pigeons and have nicely proportioned appearance and lack any white in their plumage, they have beautiful grey upper wings with black tips and black trailing bar. 
A single Chiffchaff passed through a broken hedgerow calling as it went, and a single Swallow and 2 Swifts over.
I had prolonged views of a single Hobby overhead as it circled and made occasional short chases for winged insects which were caught and then consumed on the wing.  Other raptors included a single Kestrel, one Red Kite, and two Buzzards.  At least 3 calling Green Woodpeckers were heard.
A small flock of 9 Cormorants directly overhead climbed to a good height before descending towards Seamere.


No comments:

Post a Comment