Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Monday 30 April 2018

Deopham, Norfolk

A foul day of weather with full cloud, heavy rain, strong N/E wind, and a high of 7 degrees Celsius. Not a good day for birding some may say, however, birds are to be found if you choose the right habitats to watch.
On my way home from work I decided to check upon a muck heap for signs of migrants, and immediately upon my arrival I saw a white rumped bird fly around a heap of muck....yes...Wheatear.
I stopped for a while and eventually saw 2 male Wheatears at this site making use of this good feeding station before continuing their passage.
Wheatear at Deopham (One of 2 male birds seen here)

Wheatear at Deopham

Wheatear at Deopham 





No comments:

Post a Comment