Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Sunday 22 April 2018

and finally......Whitethroat

I have been struggling to locate Whitethroat on my patch to date, their arrival clearly later than last year.  But a check of traditionally used habitat produced my first bird of the year, a male skulking in a hedge giving short bursts of sub-song and alarm notes, and a brief visual as it moved through the hedge.  Great to have him back.
Lesser Whitethroats on the other hand have been seen at several localities on my patch since the first bird appeared on 15th April.
Lesser Whitethroat at Little Cressingham 22nd April
I checked the Watton Brook valley for signs of migrant activity and saw little on this brief visit, however, and of note, a Greenshank overflew calling its very distinctive "tew-tew-tew"

No comments:

Post a Comment