Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Runhall, Norfolk

Today was a workday for me, however, I had very few calls and plenty of spare time to explore some of the areas I work in.
A lovely warm, sunny morning, however, cloud was increasing from about midday, and by late afternoon some heavy rain had moved in.

Runhall
Driving along a single track road near Runhall an adult Little Owl was seen in open country sitting on overhead wires.
Large Skipper at Runhall, Norfolk 28/06/16.

I arrived in this lovely little village at about 0930 in warm and bright conditions, and the first bird I heard was the beautiful soft purring song of a male Turtle Dove, a song which for me is the epitome of a warm English summers day.
Also present was a fine looking male Whitethroat flying from perch to perch to give song.
The hedgerows and Bramble scrub held a vast array of insect species including Meadow Brown, Large Skippers, Damselflies, Bees and Hoverfly species.

No comments:

Post a Comment