Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Sunday 15 May 2016

Lolly Moor, Norfolk

I visited this small NWT reserve this afternoon, my timing would indicate that many more species will be present than those I actually saw and heard.  Despite this, I must say that this is a very rich site for the botanist, however, my knowledge of plants and flowers is sadly limited.  I plan to visit Lolly Moor soon for an early morning survey of bird species here.
Lolly Moor 15th May 2016
The first bird noted here was a calling Tawny Owl within woodland in the background of the above picture.
Summer migrants present was a singing male Blackcap and Chiffchaff.  I expect an early morning visit would produce Garden Warbler and Willow Warbler given the habitat available.
One singing Blackbird was seen, also a pair of Wrens seen in the foreground.  Finally, Bullfinch were present in roadside woodland with the male singing his strangely discordant, quiet song.

No comments:

Post a Comment