Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Friday 6 May 2016

Inexcusable behaviour by a known female North Norfolk Twitcher which puts a blemish on REAL birders' passion.

I was made aware by a very good friend of mine that a female North Norfolk Twitcher writes in her blog dated 5th May 2016, an admission that she trespassed onto land to see if it held a Bobolink...she writes Bobalink, she can't even spell the birds name correctly.
I am to say the least disgusted at this behaviour and it is a blemish on the character of REAL birders who enjoy their passion without the need for breaking laws or trespassing.
There is no point me writing a comment on this 'twit'chers post as she vets them so that only positive comments are shown.
If I ever see this person in the field, or indeed any other person, committing wrongdoing, I will make them aware of their irresponsibility in language I am sure they would understand.

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely apologise for causing offence to the individual in question here, however, my post does not contain expletives, nor is it threatening. I am a sensible, level-headed person, who is able to confront issues in a mature, professional manner, and any 'language' used to show my annoyance at wrongdoing would be forthright and again, without the need for using inappropriate language. Reading back through my much earlier posts I write that I have challenged someone for trespassing on my patch to see a rare bird, I am not afraid to do this. I don't want irresponsible people on my patch, or anywhere else for that matter, lowering the tone of birding. I also do not believe that the countryside is the sole domain for birders, I welcome families and their dogs, and love to share my passion with them, especially if a child sees something that sparks an interest, after all they are the future custodians of our countryside and its wildlife and any interest seen should be encouraged.
    Finally, the 'about me' column shows 'MY CODE', a simple message which is not too difficult to follow.

    ReplyDelete