Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Watton Brook Valley (Enjoying the last light of the day)

With a late afternoon finish at work I decided to take Toby for an early evening walk to the Watton Brook Valley at Little Cressingham.
This was a beautiful sunset, clear skies, little wind, and good visibility.  Few birds were seen on this visit, 3 Meadow Pipits overhead and some Corvid species heading for their roost sites.
Despite the lack of bird seen, it was just great to be at this locality and enjoy the last vestiges of light before darkness sets in.
Looking west along the valley, I could see millions of midges swarming against the light over the Brook, what a magnificent sight this was, I wish I could photograph this remarkable scene.
Walking back to my car, light was now fading fast and I could see two groups of Roe Deer emerging from their daytime woodland retreat to feed in the open fields.
Finally, as I was about to set off, I watched a Noctule Bat flying north over fields towards the valley.
A wonderful end of daylight experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment