Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Friday 28 July 2017

Litter Pick

As a great lover of the countryside, I am disgusted at the unnecessary dumping of rubbish on our roadside verges.  I feel sorry for those who dump rubbish in our countryside, I think there is something defective in their brain development that causes them to not lock into single syllable words such as "Bin" and take their litter home.
Much of my walking is done either side of the Watton Brook Valley around Threxton, Little Cressingham, Great Cressingham, and Bodney, and I get very annoyed at the rubbish left by idiots who are incapable of taking their litter home.

With this in mind, I have been thinking about arranging a 'litter pick day', spending just an hour or two, once a month, collecting rubbish and litter from our verges and hedgerows.  I am therefore writing to ask if any of my friends would like to join me in this activity, all you would need is high visibility clothing, stout footwear, and a pair of heavy-duty gloves i.e. gardening gloves.  I would dispose of collected rubbish.

This could easily be made into a nice social event/gathering, where we could stop for a flask of coffee or soup, and a good old natter.

If interested, please e-mail me at paulnewport2810@gmail.com in order to register your interest and we could discuss initial arrangements.

Many thanks

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment