Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Deopham, Norfolk

On my way home from work I stopped briefly at the muck heap to check for evidence of wader passage.  Nothing seen on my immediate arrival, however, at about 1500hrs, some 5 minutes following my arrival, 3 Green Sandpipers alighted in shallow water by the muck heap, seconds later, they flew off again, gaining height and heading off north.  I was setting up at the time, I think my movement probably caused the birds to fly.
Green Sandpiper at Deopham
Many Wood Pigeons dropped in as did a couple of Stock Doves.  A hunting Kestrel, Swift, a few Swallows, and the expected Pied Wagtails were present.  Linnet and Yellowhammer also passed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment