Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Saturday 2 January 2021

New Garden Record 1st January 2021

 I went to bed at around 2300hrs on New Year's Eve as I was working New Years Day.  I woke at about 0105 and thought I would listen for Tawny Owls in order to start my New Year recording, however, my first bird species of the Year came at 0110hrs when I heard calling Wigeon passing overhead, a new garden record for me.  A short whilst later I did hear Tawny Owl, a more expected species.

I was up proper at around 0530 and left home for work at about 0600.  My drive towards Norwich produced a single Barn Owl at Carleton Forehoe.  My early afternoon drive back to Watton produced single Buzzard and Kestrel, again, at Carleton Forehoe.

At dusk, my second Barn Owl of the day was seen at Threxton


No comments:

Post a Comment