Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Friday 28 February 2020

Hingham, Norfolk

Whilst on a short early morning break, I stopped off at a site known for Barn Owls, and was pleased to see two hunting birds together.  These stunning birds were hunting over a field of long grass/weeds/winter bird feed.
Also seen here was 2 Little Egrets, 20+ Fieldfare, a 'drumming' Great Spotted Woodpecker, and a singing Song Thrush.

Barn Owl near Hingham, Norfolk 28/02 (One of a pair seen)

3 comments:

  1. Superb photos. I live in Great Ellingham just a few miles from Hingham. I’ll have to keep an eye out. I saw one down near Swangey Lakes a few weeks ago but it was distant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, thanks for your comments regarding my photos. Driving home from work this evening (3rd March), I saw another Barn Owl along the Scoulton road, Little Ellingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome. Nice to know they’re about around here.

    ReplyDelete