Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Monday 12 August 2019

Hethersett and East Carleton, Norfolk, 11th August 2019

On the 11th August I was working in the Hethersett area.  During my breaks I visited a previously visited location of Hethersett Church, and later in the afternoon, I paid my first visit to the wonderful Ladybelt Country Park at East Carleton.
My visit to the church at Hethersett was dominated by insect life with Emperor and Migrant Hawker Dragonflies being seen, also several species of Butterfly present, these were Painted Lady, Peacock, Red Admiral, Large White, Comma, Gatekeeper, and a Blue species.
Migrant Hawker Dragonfly at Hethersett Church
Ladybelt Country Park (East Carleton)
I paid my first visit to this large park during my afternoon break from work.  What a lovely location with rolling grassland, woodland, and patches of scrub thickets to explore.
Time was limited on this visit, so I decided to stop at a large patch of Bramble within tall ground cover after hearing the contact calls of Blackcap.  I eventually did see a female Blackcap briefly put in an appearance before returning to cover, and at least another was present.  Whilst standing here watching this cover, I was very pleasantly surprised when a Spotted Flycatcher popped up, it was on the edge of cover from where it made a flycatching sally before returning to the same area, here it remained for a minute or two before flying strongly out of sight.
This is certainly a location I will visit again during my work breaks in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment