Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Saturday 6 July 2019

Deopham, Norfolk, 5th July

The 5th was a day of work for me in the Deopham area of Norfolk.  I had an extended break during the morning and visited a quiet track just outside of the village.  High in an Oak I found 3 juvenile Swallows sitting quietly with the parent birds around close by collecting insects which were delivered to the waiting youngsters.
Juvenile Swallow waiting to be fed, Deopham 5th July
One of three young Swallows waiting to be fed high in an Oak at Deopham
Also at this location was a couple of singing Whitethroats and a male Reed Bunting singing within a crop of Oilseed Rape.
Following my break I attended a clients house in Deopham village and was pleased to see a juvenile Black Redstart on and around the outbuildings of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment