Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Saturday 13 April 2019

Didlington, Norfolk.

The recent north, and north-easterly winds has caused some stalling in the arrival of our summer visitors, namely Willow Warblers, a species I have not seen or heard this year yet.  I was determined to visit an area where I know suitable habitat comprising young conifer plantations could hold Willow Warblers.
A walk along a woodland ride produced a singing Woodlark within a large clearing and Blackcap and Chiffchaffs were present in fair numbers.
A poor picture of a Tree Pipit in an Oak tree. Watched pre-sunrise and in low light.
Walking along a belt of Oak trees I was pleased to find a singing Tree Pipit, a species which breeds on my patch.  This was my first Tree Pipit of this year.
I then entered a young conifer plantation and heard 2 singing Willow Warblers, my target species for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment