Breckland Birder

Breckland Birder
Red Deer in Breckland, Norfolk Photo by Paul Newport

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Stone Curlews

I was recently contacted by a representative from the RSPB, an organisation I formerly belonged to until a couple of years ago, asking me to withdraw from my blog any references to Stone Curlew observation, this I shall comply with. Any entries made about that species were always from observations made from locations accessable to the public and at no time did I ever trespass to see the bird, and indeed I would not expect any other people to trespass whatever their interest.
I have noticed on 'facebook' that photographs of rare breeding birds have appeared along with locations given, one such species being Dartford Warbler, I wonder if other individuals who clearly care about their passion, have been challenged as I have.
To my followers who care about birds, I am sorry that I cannot share my experiences with you on certain species, however, if we meet, I am sure we can discuss sensibly about our passion......if freedom of speech is still exists....without endangering the birds we love and care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment